Table of Contents Hide
CBD has risen to popularity in the decades. The staunch laws concerning CBD have been lifted across various states. People can find CBD-infused products in almost every grocery store they pass by. As the research relating to the extraction of more benefits from CBD is accelerating, more brands are entering into the business. The competition is spiraling; more people are planning to invest in the popular herb. Brands should be well aware of their products and services. They should devise a CBD marketing strategy that can survive in the intense competition. There should be a drive amongst them to break into the market.
CBD marketing is not exactly a piece of cake. One needs to be armed with the correct information and be careful about his offerings to the customers. The article attempts to make you aware of the dos and don’ts of CBD marketing. It will help you employ successful CBD marketing techniques to reach out to your target customers.
Today, it is becoming highly essential to focus on digital marketing strategies. One of the best digital marketing tactics one can employ is to buy a CBD SEO backlink package from a good company to promote your products, check out the best CBD products at CBDfx. It can help your website to rank higher in search engines.
Learning the Do’s of CBD Marketing
To be a top contender in the CBD business, the brand should do the following while marketing their products –
- State laws- Different regions have different laws concerning CBD even though the federal government has made it legal to sell and consume it. That includes the process of extricating CBD and the acceptable amount of THC (Tetrahydrocannabinol) in the products. Your research should be strong enough to avoid any complicated issues. The laws which govern CBD selling are issued under the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic (FD & C) Act. All CBD products should comply with the guidelines issued by the Act. The source from where you obtain hemp seeds should obey the Act as well.
- Not forgetting the 0.3% THC limit – This point comes straight from the first point we have made. To prevent yourself from getting into illegal issues, always abide by the 0.3% THC rule. The federal law allows only 0.3% THC in your CBD product. Any amount more than the prescribed amount invites legal actions. It is illegal to sell beyond that limit. It would be best if you are well versed with state laws to avoid such issues.
- Labeling its product correctly – You should be careful while labeling your products. Always mention the number of milligrams of CBD present in the product. It is another regulation by the Act. You need to mention the potency of CBD per the recommended dosage. For better reliability by consumers, you can also put QR codes. That will help them to scan it and know about the lab tests.
- Focusing on using traditional and improved marketing channels – Try contacting the local magazine and newspaper owners to get your advertisement published. A large chunk of people read the paper first thing in the morning. Running paid ads on social media sites like Facebook and Instagram would not be possible in this case. E-store owners can use blogging techniques, SEO tools, E-mail marketing tactics to attract customers. As long as the products are of high quality and have verified results, these tricks would work surprisingly well.
Learning the Don’ts of CBD marketing
Here are some of the few things which should be avoided while marketing your CBD products –
- Making any medical claims or declarations – Though research proves that CBD is highly efficient in treating various ailments like chronic pain, joint pains, arthritis, anxiety attacks, do not make any medical claim while marketing it. That will create problems for your brands, and you will end up in a lot of trouble. Do not make statements regarding the product curing any disease. You need to present your information mindfully to the audience without misleading them.
- Engaging in overseas CBD manufacturers – You should not rely on overseas distributors. They might give you an impure and poor-quality product. You should see that the product has passed a third-party test and is certified by a trusted source. It will give you enough guarantee regarding the products.
- Advertising marijuana or hemp-derived CBD – Although CBD is legal in some states, this does not mean that the psychoactive part of the hemp plant is also permitted. The law-making bodies do not authorize it at the federal level. By all means, marijuana-derived CBD is illegal as well. You cannot advertise an illegal product.
- Neglecting customers who are brand loyal -Never neglect or ignore those customers who are dedicated and consistent customers of your brand. They make your business thrive. Ignoring them is one of the worst moves you can make. Brands can offer exclusive discounts, subscriptions, schemes, or memberships to their loyal customers. These customers help in increasing brand awareness through word-of-mouth advertising.
The CBD industry is budding. Just like the consumers are growing in the space, the market also adapts to the changes surrounding the product. But, the marketing practices have pretty much remained the same over the years. The only addition is that internet marketing has invaded space. Research your audience carefully, know your target consumer base, maintain the standards of your products and focus on your strategies.
Even though some platforms do not allow CBD advertising, a mix of social media and content marketing can set the tune of your CBD business. If you follow these tricks, you can avoid resorting to aggressive selling techniques. All these will help you go a long way in boosting your marketing game and help your brand reach heights. Brands should carefully plan their businesses to survive the cut-throat competition in the ever-changing market.